Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hometown Hero


One of my favorite websites is Laura Day Living, and I would like to personally thank Laura for introducing me to one of my new obsessions, Marilyn Minter.  When viewing Laura's immaculate NYC apartment a few months ago, I was immediately drawn the sprinkle of glitter and freckles featured in the artwork displayed in her dining room.  Being very partial to sparkles and freckles (I'm a red-head) I had to know who made this glorious piece of artwork. I  found many more of Marilyn's somewhat campy, over the top, delightfully saccharin images and I was hooked. After a little research I found out that Minter was  born in my hometown, and I must say that she has to be the coolest person I know from Shreveport, LA. I'm actually surprised that I am just now discovering Minter's work, because now I see her work everywhere from the Gossip Girl set, to last night's episode of Million Dollar Decorators.  I guess everyone wants a taste of her eye candy!

1 comment: